A BRAVE LIFE LTD
At A Brave Life our aim is to alleviate the risks of ongoing poverty, misfortune and helplessness experienced by many young and teenage mothers by assisting them to complete their education, pursue their dreams and to LIVE LIFE BRAVE. This is done through our LIVE LIFE BRAVE Mentoring Program & Baby Bundle Program.
Representatives and staff of A Brave Life will be given personal information by their clients from time-to-time.
Any personal information provided to A Brave Life by clients will be only be disclosed to other persons or entities for the purpose of providing that support and assistance for that particular client.
Those persons and entities include the following:
- Associated companies and internal divisions of A Brave Life
- External service providers
- Any other external party as authorised by service users from time to time
We will not use or disclose information collected other than for a purpose made known to clients unless the disclosure is
- Required by law (e.g. the Australian Tax Office have the power to order us to disclose information);
- Is authorised by law (e.g. to protect our interests or where we have a duty to the public to disclose) or
- The client has consented to our disclosing the information.
A Brave Life undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information.
Personal information is generally held in each client’s file. Information may also be held in a computer database. All paper files are stored in secure areas.
Computer-based information is protected through the use of access passwords.
A client may, at any time, request access to their personal information and we may provide access to that information either by providing copies of the information requested, allowing clients to inspect the information requested or providing an accurate summary of the information held.
A client may correct any personal information held by us if it is incorrect.
A Brave Life reserves the right to use general information about their clients in order to understand and inform others as to the services provided and the kinds of clients who have been assisted, but not in any way that would identify a particular client.
Collection – A Brave Life will:
- only collect information that is necessary for the performance and primary function of A Brave Life.
- Notify stakeholders about why we collect the information and how it is administered.
- Notify stakeholders that this information is accessible to them.
Use and Disclosure – A Brave Life will:
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose.
- For other uses, A Brave Life will obtain consent from the affected person.
Data Quality – A Brave Life will:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the information the organisation collects is accurate, complete, up to date, and relevant to the functions we perform.
Data Security and Retention – A Brave Life will:
- Safeguard the information we collect and store against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification.
- Only destroy records in accordance with the organisation’s Records Management Policy.
Openness – A Brave Life will:
- Make this information freely available in relevant publications and on the organisation’s website.
Access and Correction – A Brave Life will:
- Ensure individuals have a right to seek access to information held about them and to correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date.
Anonymity – A Brave Life will:
- Give stakeholders the option of not identifying themselves when completing evaluation forms or opinion surveys.
Making information available to other organisations
A Brave Life can only release personal information about a person with that person’s express permission. For personal information to be released, the person concerned must sign a release form.
Copyright & monitoring
The contents of our sites are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. We, or other third party licensors, are the owner of these rights. All product and company names and logos mentioned in our sites are the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including us. You may download material from our sites for the sole purpose of using it as an information resource for your personal use.
However, you may not modify, republish, upload, post, transmit or digitally distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from our sites including, but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent, except where expressly invited to do so from A Brave Life. © (2015-2018). All rights reserved.
Whilst some of our team at A Brave Life are qualified professionals they do not provide medical advice, nor does this website provide medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Queensland Health has a phone line 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for all Queenslanders to help take the worry out of health concerns. If you are experiencing a medical emergency please dial 000 immediately.